WP Rocket tries to do this in two methods:
- By providing an interface that’s newbie pleasant and simpler to make use of than many different caching plugins.
- By together with tons of different smaller efficiency optimizations that almost all different caching plugins don’t provide.
You’ll see how the interface is designed a bit afterward, however let me lead shortly with a few of these different optimization tweaks as a result of I feel they’re the place most of WP Rocket’s worth comes from.
Listed below are a number of the greatest tweaks that you just get:
- Minification – shrinks the dimensions of your web site’s code by eradicating pointless content material, like whitespace, with out altering the code’s performance.
- Mix recordsdata – does what it says! Combines a number of recordsdata (like a number of CSS recordsdata) right into a single file.
- Take away question strings – removes queries strings, like “?ver=1.0”, to enhance your GTmetrix rating.
- Render-blocking CSS/JS – does what it says and helps you eliminate the well-known “Render blocking” warning in Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Lazy Loading – hurries up your web site by solely loading sure media content material as soon as it enters the customer’s viewport. Primarily, your web site received’t load pictures and/or movies till completely wanted.
- Straightforward CDN integrations – helps you connect with CDNs like Cloudflare and origin pull CDNs.
- Database optimizer – enables you to clear your database proper from WP Rocket, somewhat than requiring you to put in a separate plugin.
- Heartbeat management – take management of the WordPress Heartbeat API.